Friday, May 07, 2004

Summer Drafts (Alcohol Influx)

The wind whistled softly
To the trees and streams
Passing in silence
Passing in dreams
Shown for a scandle
A juxtaposed lie
It's robbing my conscience
It's sucking me dry.

I won't see the glass
Or the facets that hide
Beneath the still surface
The darkness inside
A roach on the table
Destined to die
Destined for the fire
Unable to cry.

For the memories lost
For the scars often given
Unwanted unknown
Unheeded undriven
Amid hollow joys
Amid shallow heavans
It seems that the ground
Is always closer than living.

The seas are boisterous today
The seas are rising up
The waves are rising up
My grip is slowly
Slipping away
Slipping away

To the peace below
Where the breeze never falters
And the sky seems to glow
In myriad colours
At least for awhile
I am made whole again
The completed puzzle
But that's all a lie.
And I am slipping
Slowly away
Slowly forever
Slowly forever
Seems such a long time
When you watch your world die
With you at it's center
Slowly forever.

No comments: