Saturday, May 01, 2004

Hats Off

She came and everything subsided
She spoke and everything collided
Into nothing but the purest of silence
I am nothing but dumbfounded.

I thought I'd learned that lesson way back
But maybe, I'll just never get that
Feeling, like everything's pure
And like nothing bad will happen anymore

Like a bolt of light in a thunderstorm
Pull the pieces, it's already torn
It's easy to sit there, a still-life form
When she's there my whole life reforms.

And I am but a shifting shadow
Flitting amilessly away
From her when she
Glances off in my direction
And I don't know what to say......
Maybe let's sit down some time
Have lunch by the bay when I
Can pluck the courage up to be
A sentient being.

Or maybe not, I'll be sitting here
With my heart pounding in my ears
And life flashing by in years
And nothing's gonna change for me
But you....

No comments: