Monday, May 24, 2004

Jandel's from another Time

Explosions rock
The basement floor
And we are struck
By the everpresent 'Your'
Like you own the world
And you rule it all
With an iron fist and
A rubber ball.

You sat on a roof-top
Idling time
Away, and we
Never catch your rhyme
Like you whistle
A different tune
Hovering slightly
On a trip to the moon.

And I said
"We should go
Take a turn by the lake"
You just laughed
Then you left
Us to mill in your wake
And so I
Never forgive myself
For doing you wrong
And laughing when you told me
You life is a song

I'm starting to wander
Off the beaten track
Hopeing like crazy
You'll be calling me back
But it's all just a curtain
And it shadow's my view
And every path seems
Only to lead to you.

And then I said,"Hey,
how is life?
How was your day?"
And you just laughed
As if to say
It never even mattered
It just got in the way.
Coversation's drowning
Through the silky surface
And you slip away
Through the forest shadows
And fields of hay
I'll never forget
How you wrote your song
It's only in music
Now we both belong.



No comments: