Sunday, January 18, 2004

An image came just now
Of how things used to be
Me and you were then
But nothings that easy.




If I could dream
A thousand dreams
You'd be in them all





Some nights
I can't sleep
When your beauty
Overwhelms me.




There is a sink
In my kitchen
Where my memories go
When the road
Unestablished
Pushes stoicly on
And I turn
From my dinner
And the world is undone
When the steam
That is rising
Is a ghost of you.






I'm not asleep
Don't comfort me
I will find time
For feeling
But not just now
And anyhow
I think that I'd
Be overwhelmed.






How many roads are there to cross
In this steeplechase
You never live me down
From across the seas
One day the sun will rise
On a different me
But I'm just sitting, wondering
When that will be.






The beat of her heart
Echoed warm counterpoint
To the pulse of the night.






Contentment
Slides like
Velvet tongs
Through open portals.
I would ride
Them all one day
With wings of song.
Who can say
Where they lead
On a winter carpet?
To a mystery
Wonderland?
Or to a deadly desert?





The door swung
Softly shut
To her heart.

No comments: