Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Untyped

I’m tired
I’m tired of my heart giving out
Whenever it gives in
That things being the same
Never makes a difference
Of looking forwards to something
That never happened

I’m tired
I’m tired of levering up my lashes
Just to blink
That every breathing space leaves
No more room to think
When I hike that haunted hill
To watch the hole grow deeper

It leaks everywhere
Stain from the puncture marks
Lurking like punctuation
Tripping the feet of consciousness

You renew me like bleach –
Freshly scrubbed, rubbed raw
Tossed forgotten to a creaking cupboard
Till I grow old, and mould. Told
By every cell I trust, the lie
Tomorrow’s just a sleep away
I’m tired of today.

I’m tired.
I’m tired of the way everything
Slinks around with nothing in its hands
Of trying to cut you out, but
Only cutting me in places I can’t see
That remembering the hanging thief
Had only palmed a petty trinket charm

A heart beaten bloody
Tired of the weight
Of holding oxygen
At brain height.

No comments: