Monday, September 22, 2003

It would please me now t obe waxing lyrical as of now, but it is not in me today.
I am thinking of typing and seeing what happens.

Greetings all you wonderful people who read this writings , extra-specially those i have not greeted previously. Feel free to comment on anything you like in the wee commenty box thingies link-and-such. I dont mind mindless drivel or anything, im well aquanted with the stuff.

Anyhoo, enough with my pitch-to-make-matthew-feel-good-because-people-comment-on-his-commenter-thingie.
A starting note, cracked 10 comments not too long ago, for the first time. Yay for me.

Ahh, where to begin, where to begin?
Easy come, easy go.
I came, i went.
Ahh, but where you ask?
To the dinosaurs!
Where the toothed ones lie, set my foot did i.

Yess indeedy, this last friday me, good-friend Alex, and his delightful lab partner, with the classic name of Martha, tiptoed our little way across campus, across road, across footpath, through door, and into the museum. Upstairs there was a little stall, for lack of a better word in my brain, where we payed the million dollar (8) fee, and entered the blacken curtain of doom. Inside did we see? Yes, bones we saw I say, bones to make a grown man fetch his hands through his hair and whilstle soothingly to himself. Chinese bones. All dinosaurs there , all eleven, were from China, or therabaouts.

We actually acsked them, and one or two came from mongolia, as a matter of fact, but we let that slide. They were gino-monstro-hugo-magno-tastically huge. All teeth, bone, and empty staring eye-socket, in a dark, haunting environ. It was FAN-tastic. There we stayed, for 2 and a half hours, amusing ourselfs in meaningless speculations and random chitchatter having a positively spantabulous time.

One exhibit, however, was a bit of a letdown. It was simply titled 'fish'. "Them ain't not dino's!", I pointed out. The supervisory, helpy person agreed. Further along, in the fine print, it read that they were fresh wawter fish. And I said HAH, said I. how could they possibly know? these here fish have been dead for positively ages, and are completely stone-ised. They said it was tellable by the scale patterns. Then I said"How do you know that these fish were not the origional sea-water variety style fish before moving from the midst of the oceans broad. .. Needless to say, they had no answer.

We could not (ie- were not allowed to) touch the much-beloved dinosaurs, no matter how we tried thinking up manyfold 'accidental' movements that could accomplish such an endeavor.

And then it was gone. The wonderful slant-eyed dinos (and slant-eyed they were, according to the accompanying sketches) were but a memory of a memory, as we dragged our soul-weary feet on their ways back to our homes.

I was very hungry, having not eaten since 8:30 AM when I had breakfast (it being then 5:30 PM). So i went home, and bought F&C on the way home. Tasty tastic.




Following the delightfully relaxing friday afternoon, I was beset upon by a large and angry lab report due on monday that I was supposed to have started ages beforehand. Well, under my careful tutelage, the report blossomed into the monstrous beauty reminiscent of the dinosaurs i had seen only a few days before. And standing at an impressive 18 pages (3200 words), I am currently feeling like a smurf that has just climbed mount everest with edmund hillary, having been the stand-in replacement when Tenzing came down with a cold 2 days before the climb had begun, and having to carry all the gear. Smiles all round i should think.

Now I must leave you all, as yet another lab report becones to me.
Coming darling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Laggin Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Instantly Search HD Movies, Games, Music, Software and Download Them at Accelerated Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]google blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known ways to produce an income online.