Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Here lies a few dittitudes i penned myself through a series of boring lectures on organic chemistry.


Feel contentment slide down the mud-chocked gutter drain
Packed like sardines, huddling in from the rain
It could all seem so clear
But you went and threw it all away

Take a boat ride, streaking out across the bay
Gag the pills down but you cannot stop the pain
You claim it's so unfair
And life's a darker shade of grey

Feel her wolf-eyes searing hollows in your brain
You broke your promise, and she's not coming back again
It's not like yesterday
When everything was bright and daylight plain.




'The clouds are coming in on your wedding day'




.......
Strolling down town with a froidian frown
And eyes afire with wrath
A stomach all churned and a tongue all burned
From skulling the boiling broth......



"We always have options
We won the civil war
With freedom at stake
We lay claim for forever"





It was dark it was cold I was terrified
Creeping my way through the gloom
There was blood on my shirt
Slick and black with dirt
Deadening my eyes to the world
In my hand was a gun
I was overcome
By the alien grace of the moon
As it swirled through the night
On a perfect flight
On an evening chilled cooler than death
And for one single moment I lost myself
In a cloud of my quivering breath

It was dark it was cold I was terrified
My feet pounding loud through the gloom
And I fled from the gun
From which my sorrows had come
And the alien grace of the moon.







Yo'll never know
Cause you never guessed
Content like the brainless
Spineless contestants
That vie for their wealth
Their power, their fame
Convinced they'll be repayed
Spiralling through the flame.

Insider traders
Screwing the markets
Stealing the homeless
In wicker-work baskets
They'll sell them as slaves
They'll ship them away
Who's gonna be next?
The government won't say.

Taking us all
On a mery-go-round-ride
Neighborhood bullies
Have stolen our slide
It's just like the movies
Where everyone dies
But the bullet-proof hero
Strolling away
Just another day
At the office.



Yes indeedy
Thems the lot
And that's them all
Cherio what what.

No comments: