Friday, September 02, 2005

I want to fly in a dirigible
It's got not wings and that's the trouble
I'll do it with my stunting double
Shave these hills right down to stubble
Why we'll be the grandest kings
Upon this sea, of blue so fair
We'll trim our hair, So from the ground
Will come the sound Of people crying
"Why look up there! The kings of the air
In their dirigible fair, And magnificent hair
And a certain flair, For illbeggotten dangers
They ain't no strangers, Why if I had my say
They'd come and eat with us today!"

That, friend is what we'd do
We'd fly ourselfs so straight and true
To homes we'd be invited to
And feast till we could fest no more
And gullets full we'd take the door
And to the skies we'd fly so high
It'd make you grandly wonder why
We'd never fall from our heavnly throne
So far above, aloof, alone
But we'd never be alone, no sir.
We, the monarchs of the air
The finest sirs to accend the stair
On the finest beast there ever where
Our mighty dirigible
But, that amidst the happy drivell
Of my old man's dream
That's the capricous cream
The jack-knife in my hand
For as I've been lead to understand
Their ain't no beast within this land
That fair befits such airborne kings
So tis a sad and tearfull thing,
That the dirigible
Has saved me all the trouble
By simply not existing.

No comments: