Monday, September 19, 2005

Dead Man Walking

Woke up this morning
A child of grace
And I won't come back down
These wonderful people
They're all over the place
They're the wrong way round

It's a lightbulb
But it's not alone
Burning out in the city
As we light our homes
We guide them through the night
With someoneelse's light.

Cause I'm saved yeah
I'm saved
And I'm looking through
A dead man's eyes
I'm alive.

We took it all for granted
Woke up each morning
With my own legitimacy
Running all over my face
It came without warning
Now I'm a child of grace.


Cause I'm saved yeah
I'm saved
And I'm looking through
A dead man's eyes
I'm alive.

It's swimming in a drowning river
It's putting out the light
Silencing the sliver
Doubt that rocks the boat
Knowing I will go down alone
But I won't go down.

No comments: