Monday, August 16, 2004

A Player's Guide to Narcolepsy

Wake from the nightmare, the wind has died away
The air is filled with the dark
You and me, asleep on the train
Wondering where we are
And you keep dreaming
You're leaving me alone
Falling from heaven
Plunging like a stone
Into the icy ocean
Into the great unknown

Shivers and groans, the sleepers symphony
And scratchings on the wall
Breathing so slow, afraid that you might leave
Or you're not here at all
While I keep dreaming
I toss and turn again
Seeing you leaving
An electrode in my brain
Tired of needing
And exhausted from the pain

Ticking away the hours down from midnight
A silence full of sound
And shadows at the edge of sight
Gone when I look around
But you keep dreaming
Where nothing bad can find
And time is screaming
Into my aching mind
I guess I'm leaving
You away behind

But its all for your good
The demons are sure
To follow
Me








No comments: