Wednesday, August 11, 2004

fggfd

Weaving through the groves
Of dimly-lit functionaries
Luminous and multiplex
In their self-esteemed offices
And the bushes crowding round
Obscure the past from view
Like running through a waterfall
Only not emerging clean
Soap suds and cameras
Shining down like stars
Thinking what does this all mean?
Turning through corridors
Leading to wells ever upwards
And sentences blend into words
That spell doom for tomorrow
So stay awhile and take the test
It'll all be for the best for you
You see, you cannot hope to be
More that one dimension.

Craving justice or righting wrongs
Cool, paranoid, or full of song
Swinging down from trees
Meet reality on the subway
Hanging out the taxi window
Winking, and humming slowly
Even as I trawl through
Oceans of thought, oppinion
And unjustified fact
Prison and seldom
A man could look back
And smile at the future
Or maybe the past
I maybe unsure,
I can't tell, I'll just ask
And worship the printout
Like a primeval god
Can't you see I am so afraid I am
Just another one dimensional person?

No comments: