Wednesday, February 04, 2004

If I am made so much alive
Why am I dying?
If the water is so warm
Why am I cold?
If I want it so much
Why am I not trying?
And if I am obedient
Why can I not do just as I am told?

If the sky is blue today
Why is it raining?
And why is all the thunder
So very loud?
Why am I off track
When I should be training
To join another kingdom
That is way above the clouds?

If surrender's not an option
Why is the flag out?
If I'm guarenteed to win
Why do I run?
If I'm better off inside
Why do I want out?
And why does doing
The wrong thing seem so very fun?

If the devil always lies
Why do I listen?
And if the Torch shines forth the way
Why put it out?
Why am I certain that it's gold
When it only glistens?
And if I am needing
Some assistance why do I not shout?

If I should always talk to God
Why am I silent?
If I want to know what He says
Why do I not read?
Why do I participate
In acts of violence,
When for every single act
He had to bleed for me.

(And if I want to live for Him
Why does hippocracy
Seem to be the very foundation
Of existance
On the earth I am a pilgrim
But I'm on my way
To a much greater station
And despite self-imposed friction
And worldly degradation
And the deceit of Satan
It's gonna be a greater, better day
For God is there beside me
And whatever betide me
God is more powerful than all
And I'm living for Him
And I'm living by Him
And He's giving me the strength
For me to fight off sin
Cause I'm a Christian locomotive
Heading throught mountains
Next stop- Heaven.)





No comments: