Thursday, June 02, 2011

Someday

You don't rewrite a symphony in an hour
But I want to be the moment of a flower
The instant of a snowflake, hanging
Lost at home in a world of white
I want to be the hole that makes the parts greater
The lens that lets the light inside
And opens the doors to forgotten radiance.

You don't repaint a masterpiece in a second
But I want to be the silence that beckons
And hides the sounds that get in the way
A smile that's there before you turn around
I want to be the ship that breaks the ice
And settles the distant lives of strangers
Till we share a language running deeper than words.

You don't rewrite your soul in a heartbeat
But I want to walk that strange, familiar street
And be the laugh that's forgotten the false
Till I wake one day, human to the bone
And full to the seams of the world

No comments: