Saturday, August 09, 2008

Looking Back

The house of cards collapsed
She wasn’t there
I sent her far away

But eyes pierce like lies
Holding hands
And crossing tee’s

I knew what she would say

Denial, is a look in the mirror
When your eyes blink closed
You see true

You see through

Just myself, and guilty warmth
Dying embers, dying light
Weak hands

She wasn’t there
I sent her away
I couldn’t care to think
Cannot bear to blink
With reminders plastered up
On those dark walls.

The house of cards came down
The circus was in town
Did you want to go?

Say no and I’ll understand
Even though you won’t

She wasn’t there
Hanging like an angel
From a clothes-hook
I never would have
She wasn’t there!

Why so unsorry?

Replacing love with walls
Only buries you
The house of cards collapsed.

No comments: