Tuesday, July 22, 2008

By the Broken Guide

Have no words
Think away
And yet no thought
Of what to say
Go and throw
The drink away
Not today
Not today

Cannot speak
So I will pray
And live the words
I cannot say
Oh why can't I
When it's so plain
Voice the pain
Make it plain

Still no words
But "Be brave"
"Be strong! Fight on!
Free the slave!"
Blood will flow
And tears will pave
To the grave?
To the waves?

Where the sea
And sand collide
Free the sodden
Thirst parched mind
But what treasure
Will I find?

All that glitters is not gold
All the youth are growing old
Before their time, out in the cold
No one doing what they're told

Have no words
Laugh and play
Have you no thought
Beyond today.
Beyond what other
People say.
Not today
Not today

I'll take you where
There's air to breathe
If you ever
Want to leave
Broken guide and
Haunted dreams
So it seems
So it seems

All that glitters is not gold
Why so young and yet so old?
Have you let your fears grow bold?

I can see
The shadows play
Away in a Manger
Yes, so far away
You wanted in
But not today
I mean,
What would you say?

2 comments:

Scratch said...

Very well written and much appreciated. I like, a lot!

post-it said...

i like it to.. gets a little confusing though