Thursday, June 12, 2008

Piecing Together a Stolen Line

Silence underwhelming
Trees flood my eyes and still
The radio keeps scritcher-scratching
Lighting up my dashboard sill

Sailor of the jagged night
Fingers grip a landlocked helm
Cast adrift in darkness tight
Around this frail metal shell.

Passing migrant wandering souls
Who seek their fires from the dusk
Skulking round in loose leaf lines
Ants who flee a world concussed

Onto the darkness, yet light clings
Two strands the ropes sky possess
Heavenwardly my gaze it sings
And pitter-pats a soul's gladness.

See the stars blushing, peeking
From behind their pillowed sheets
As though embarrased at the speaking
Of what beauty shines beneath.

4 comments:

Brass Baboon said...

I was supposed to post this on yesterday's spine.

Thanks to the person who 'donated the line(s)'.


Hmm. I dunno about a couple of the verses. Again> might tweak it a couple of time.

Scratch said...

The amount of lines i stole...
4.

Brass Baboon said...

The amount of lines I stole - 4

Scratch said...

Huh? that's exactly what i sed?