Sunday, October 09, 2005

I am getting sick of waking up at about 1-2 AM with some fair-to-mint lyrics buzzing in my head. I would write them down, but I'd have to get up, turn the light on, and puddle around for a few minutes finding appropriate equipment (my book dedicated to said purpose is seemingly never aroudn when I want it). This activity, followed by the excitment of penning muse to paper (and any additional thoughts that follow, would result in an awakened me. Sleeping time is at a premium, what with Honours Dissertation just handed in, and exams thrusting their scantily clad legs around the crumbling plaster walls of next week, I have an argument with myself, that I just cannot afford to lose the 30 minutes of sleep that musing would cost me. While this is true, and I tell myself 'I'll remember it in the morning', all I remember in the morning is 'Ill remember it in the morning'.

Stupid brain.

As such, I am hoping that it is still lodged in my brain, waiting for some other muse-filled night to reappear (hopefully with pen and paper handy and sleep not being such a valued commodity).
Dear muse, return either:
1- during daylight hours when a break from study is much-saught
OR
2- next month or later, where that great being called free time doth dwell.

No comments: