Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ancilliaries

Taken aback by her run amok comments,
The bartender stalled his conversation
And served a round of grisly rhetoric.
Her hunted eyes swivelled slowly around the room
On a search for an elusive hiding place
To chase away the hounds.

I am taken way for a happy weekend
Before and behind schedule
Tupping liberty and flying high
The chariots of the present
Global ecconomies and drunken governments
Satiated with their weaned prides
That run rampant through the land.

Begotten

Tomorrow knocks
I'm far away
In a land of cotton wool.
When Friday comes
I'll be lieing there still
Watch me go,
Watch me

I'll put a face
To your
Drunken dreaming
The rat-race
Is silence screaming
Watch me go,
Watch me

I'll fly away
A cesspit
And a better life
Lies in wait
At the tip of the knife
Just watch me go,
Watch me

Golden locks
And silver
Patterned eyes
Tomorrow waits
For our final goodbyes
I don't want to go
But watch me,
Watch me

We'll share a look
In fifty
Or sixty years
Of the time we lay
And chased away our fears
The glass is full
And the night is young
We've a whole life to live
Before tomorrow comes
I don't want to go
But watch me,
Watch me
Dissappear.

No comments: