Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Life in Pieces

You throw your childish tantrums
Beaming anger in your wake
You set about to prove me wrong
Only to prove me right again.

Screaming at the universal
Emptiness, like you inside
Are there stars twinkling in your soul?
Are you more than meets the eye?

Here I know that I lost you
Plotting courses to galaxies
To paintbrush-strokes of strobing light
As alone as one person can be

I could let you go so gently
On the rippled surf of time
To drift away slow and sullen
Because you were never really mine

Did it occur you'd miss the mark
Could you be sure you were shooting for
Anything more substantial than phantasms
Conjured up from the bedroom floor?

As you hang there half awake half asleep
One step from the thundering cliffs
I distance myself from your self-destructions
Watching your life cut adrift

Let the leaping waters cover me
I can look you in the eye
I am noone's final sunset
I am noone's last goodbye.

No comments: