Monday, June 28, 2004



Thew world is all you must leave behind
She said as she strode the globe
Leaving in her wake, a procession of promises
And a husk of nothing I could not let go
As I turned to look away
Past the designs of another lifetime
Compressed into one trip to the moon
And a plot for peace when atlast I die.
There came a breeze from a hidden place
Upon the open earthen face
It hallowed and sanctified my pain
And put it aside for a brighter day
Where the thunder speaks only of distant rain.

'Would you jump, if I command?'
She said with her matter-of-fact expression
'You wear your life on your lips
And I will have none of that obsession.'
But I coulsn't help but laugh
As she had done not so long ago
It seems sometimes we still wear
The clothes we always meant to throw out.

No comments: